This curry is delicious. It’s a little bit faffy to make by my standards but will still only take about 20 minutes of actual work. Because it’s already got the lentils and potato in I don’t even bother having rice with this, instead I just have a big bowl of it as it comes!
This recipe makes 5 generous portions that are around 250 Cals each with a mere 2.9g of fat, 27.8g of carbohydrate and 28.1g of protein.
- 1 large onion, diced.
- 1 large carrot, diced.
- 1 large pepper (I used green but it doesn’t matter), diced.
- 2 large white potatoes, diced.
- 115g dried puy lentils.
- 4 large diced chicken breasts.
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- 300mls of chicken stock (1 cube).
- A generous squirt of tomato purée.
- Spices to taste.
I make this hot, but you can adjust the spices to your taste. I flavour it with curry powder, Chilli powder and smoked paprika.
- Cook the onion and chicken together in a little oil with some of your spices in an ovenproof pan. Meanwhile boil the lentils and the potatoes in separate pans till they are part cooked. I always add a little curry power and turmeric to the potato water.
- Throw the rest of the veg into the pan with the chicken and onion and continue to cook.
- Drain the part boiled potato and lentils and add them to the pan. Mix well.
- Add the chicken stock and tinned tomatoes.
- Season well and add any other spices you want.
- Put in the oven on 180c for 1 hour.