I haven’t updated in a while so I figured it was high time I posted a recipe. This started out just as a normal Casserole but we decided to go out so I stuck it in the slow cooker and the results are just as good. I always use chicken thighs when I make this sort of thing, you get a much better flavour than you do from the breasts. This recipe is hot, so don’t make it unless you like spicy food, it’s great with rice, or you could mix it up with some soft tortillas and some gauc if you wanted.
This recipe makes 4 generous portions each with 355 calories, 15.5 grams of fat, 19.5 grams of carbohydrates and a whopping 32.9 grams of protein.
- 1 pack of chicken thighs, I used 5 thighs with any fat trimmed off then cut up into inch square pieces.
- 1 onion, diced.
- 2 peppers, diced.
- 3 cloves of garlic.
- 2 chillis.
- 1 tin of mixed bean salad (400g)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes.
- 300mls of chicken stock (I used an oxo cube).
- 1 teaspoon of piri piri seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- 1/2 teaspoon of hot paprika.
- Fry the chicken separately from the other ingredients and drain the fat/juices.
- Cook the onion, chilli, garlic, and spices in a large pan until soft but not coloured.
- Add the peppers and continue to cook.
- Add the beans, chicken, tomatoes and stock, bring to a simmer.
- Pour into a slow cooker and leave for several hours till thoroughly cooked and tender.
Totally simple, total easy and totally delicious!